Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my insurance provider: Salon Gold, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
COVID-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- Identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- Think about who could be at risk;
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed; and to act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- Monitoring my own health and that of my therapists, and taking a lateral flow test for every company or organisation we visit on the day of the visit, deferring treatments if I or my therapists have COVID-19 or symptoms or have a positive test result.
- Contacting my clients 2-3 days in advance of their and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Note, myself and my therapists have recieved two vaccinations for COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, which includes washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches where applicable, and replacing any porous or single-use items, such as towels and couch roll. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including regular handwashing/sanitising.
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while the treatment obviously involves close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible. This might include, for example, maintaining an appropriate distance when you arrive and leave for your appointment.
PPE (in particular face masks) will be worn and asked to be worn in accordance with our clients policy and current government policy. This may vary between different companies and individuals, some who may be exempt.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms ofCOVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly email me as soon as possible. A refund will be given if payment has been made.